Charitable Organization “Ukrainian Institute on Public Health Policy” (UIPHP) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization. UIPHP was established with the purpose of developing and implementing modern approaches in the field of public health supported by best available evidence and implemented through effective public health policies and practices.
Vision — We are convinced that building an effective public health system is possible only by using of reliable evidence based and proven facts. That is why our ideology is science, and our main tool is research. We see ourselves as a reliable source of scientific data, as well as the driving force to advance these data in formulating public health policies and strategies.
The Mission of the UIPHP is to foster evidence-based decision making in the field of public health.
- human life and health;
- equal and humane attitude towards all members of human society;
- respect for human rights, in particular the right to quality life and equal access to health care services;
- scientific approach in solving public health issues;
- authenticity and reliability of research results;
- freedom and opportunity for creative self-expression.
- adherence to scientific standards, reliability, impartiality;
- constant professional development;
- counteracting discrimination;
- gender equality;
- transparency and publicity;
- countering corruption and avoiding conflicts of interest.
Key areas of work:
- conducting research in wide range of public health areas;
- dissemination of information on best practices in the field of public health, such as preparation of evidence briefs for policy making, organization and facilitation of policy dialogs, press-conferences, advocacy and mass media events;
- policy analysis and development, in line with best available evidence and EU regulations;
- capacity building of decision-makers, health personnel and other professionals.